About OSAC BoardBoard Vision
- Increase our funding stream.
- Utilize other parts of the building, i.e. the theatre and classrooms, for more programming.
- Create a larger presence on Community Education, i.e. more art class offerings.
- Connect with local businesses and organizations, e.g. library, nursing home, special needs community, history center, etc.
- Provide more opportunities for input from our exhibiting artists, e.g. an artist “potluck” and artist questionnaire- ideas for OSAC, stories about his/her art, demonstrations,
- Make the Old School Arts center an Arts Destination.
- Establish a greater quality of life impact on the community.
- Establish an economic impact on the community.
- Launch new art initiatives in the community, e.g. puppet theatre, singing groups, Art on Loan, Ballroom Dancing, plays, etc.
- Engage youth in the Arts.
- Teach individual imagination, creativity, improvisation, and innovation.
OSAC Minnesota is a registered
OLD SCHOOL ARTS CENTER STRATEGY 2019
Adopted February 2019
To advance its mission of building and enriching the community through arts education, exhibition, and performance; supporting the efforts of local and regional artists, and providing a venue for public events the Old School Arts Center (OSAC) will focus on the following strategic initiatives during 2019:
OSAC Strategy 2019 (download PDF)
Board & Committees
OSAC Board of Directors
Cheryl was employed 28 years at Grand Rapids and East Central School Districts as a paraprofessional. She is a life long crafter and now teaches knitting at Quarry Quilts and Yarns. Cheryl states that she is an artist who discovered a talent and love for drawing in a class led by Dave Baker.
Cheryl and her husband Roger (formally on the board) have 3 children and 10 grandchildren. Summers you will find her in the garden or bicycling. Cheryl loves to travel and has been to parts of the world she never dreamed possible. She recently completed a bicycling trip along the Danube in Europe. Cheryl feels that her involvement in the OSAC Board brings new adventure and new ways to bring art
into her life and the lives of others.
Jennifer holds a BA degree in Marketing from UMD. She coordinates our Facebook page. Jennifer is employed by Pine County, is married to Pine County Attorney and the mother of two small children.
Mary Jo McQuiston
Mary Jo lived in Cleveland until 2012 when she moved to Sandstone. She recently retired from EX Team At Magna Industries. Mary Jo enjoys drawing, painting, reading, and gardening.
Nathan is employed by Nemadji Research Corporation in charge of Data Operations. He is a musician well-known in regional music circles. Nathan is married and the father of 2 children and 2 foster children. He is a trustee for Grace Lutheran Church and serves on the Sandstone Library Board.
- FINANCE Joey McQuiston (chair), Fran Levings,
- IT/WEBSITE Nathan Frazer (chair), Jennifer Frederickson
- EXHIBITIONS (chair), Roger Knudson, Joey McQuiston, and Dave Baker
- FUNDRAISING Joey McQuiston (Chair), Cheryl Burns
- MUSIC Nathan Frazer (Chair)
- MEMBERSHIP Joey McQuiston (chair)
Get In Touch
214 Eagle Dr
Sandstone, Minnesota 55072